Mothers who are new to taking care of the little ones when get to know When is it the right Time to wean my baby from Milk to Solids? Mothers now are definitely looking for some recipes to cater the baby through its eating routine.
First foods of the baby include foods that are rich in iron that can be cereal, cooked and pureed meat, poultry, fish, tofu and legumes. Here is the recipe of Pureed Steamed Fish:
For Ingredients you will need 1 fillet of fish.
The Method of making the first solid diet for your baby is:
- Place fish in a pan with a small amount of water.
- Cover and steam until fish is well cooked.
- Carefully remove all bones and skin and press through a strainer and puree in a blender.
- The fish may be served with white sauce from 9 months onwards.
Later after the start to add to your baby’s diet some fruits, vegetables, grains/cereals and dairy foods. Here is the recipe of Pureed Vegetables:
For Ingredients you will need 1 small potato – peeled, 1 small piece pumpkin – peeled, 1/2 cup carrot – grated, 1 small piece green leafy vegetable (broccoli, zucchini, lettuce)
The Method of making a solid diet for your baby is:
- Chop all vegetables finely.
- Using a steamer or saucepan, put a small amount of water in it to boil.
- Add the vegetables, cover the pan with a tight fitting lid and cook quickly until vegetables are soft.
- Press vegetables through a strainer or puree in a blender or food processor.
Bring your baby to eat new flavors with the organic formula feed.
Some more instructions:
- It is important to serve the first foods in pureed form to the baby. Add some organic formula or the milk to make it taste like what the baby is habituated to.
- Encourage your baby to drink water at the early stage of its life.
- Whatsoever you wean in its diet the main food for the baby is its formula feed. So breastfeed or give the baby organic formula feed when demanded.